Monday, January 18, 2010

Cooking

Prompt: The Daily Topic: "What is the most boring or tedious thing you do on a daily basis? Using great verbs, write about this activity so that it seems incredibly INTERESTING."

Cooking has always been a tedious task for me. I generally don’t enjoy cooking, as I would enjoy reading a book which can be so mentally refreshing. But the fact is that I simply have to cook on a daily basis. At our home, we eat home-cooked food - eating out everyday can not only be expensive, it can create a problem for the stomach as well. Hence, I find myself in the kitchen everyday trying to cook something or the other for my daughter or us. Though I must state here that over the 8 yrs of marriage, my culinary skills have improved a whole lot and I have become a decent cook, but that hasn’t turned my dislike of cooking towards love. Ok, it maybe a slight liking but certainly not enjoyment. Anyhow, over the years I have started cooking a variety of dishes from starters to the main course and finally dessert. Infact, its ironical but I have even taught some of my friends some dessert or a main dish which has actually turned out pretty well especially at a get-together. So I guess I can advice all the people who hate cooking, that’s its actually not so bad. Just that when you get down to cooking, put your heart and soul into it for that short period of time. Believe me, your recipe will certainly turn out very well. Also, when you end up cooking for the ones you love and the dish has turns out well, you get immense satisfaction in watching them eat heartily.

No comments:

Post a Comment